How to make a coat hanger – DIY project (not) strictly for women!
This is very easy little project to start you going on your very own DIY adventure… You can spend as little or as much as you want on it and all you will need is:
- a piece of wood (I used an old piece of wooden floor board)
- sample pot of your chosen paint colour (I used Graphite by Rust Oleum – £4 which you can buy from a lovely little shop called Cameron House
- 5 cupboard door knobs – these could be all in different style and colour or all the same – prices depending on the style, £1-£4 each (you can also buy these in Cameron House or any DIY store
- paint brush, drill, measuring tape
1.First measure up where you want your knobs on the board (shelf, piece of floor or whatever you are using for this project). Next – drill the holes in marked places ( you don’t even need a male for that, drilling through wood is easy peasy).
2. Then grab the brush, dip it in your chosen colour paint and start transforming this ugly duckling (read:start painting). If you use chalk paint don’t forget to protect it with wax or varnish (depending on the effect you want and always when the paint is dry).
3. Now add the knobs, making sure the actual screws don’t stick out on the back. If they do stick out you have to either cut them (which is a bit tricky and you may want to ask a male) or buy a different size ones (which is a much easier option and at least you know that you get things done).
4. Screw to the wall and ta dah… you’ve got yourself a coat hanger!!! You can be proud of yourself (especially if you’ve completed the project without the male (and all the moaning that comes with him).
Well… that was easy! Why don’t you check out my other easy projects, like this one.